[Libvir] libvirt on OS X Leopard 10.5.1

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 12:27:26 UTC 2008

Attached is as far as I got over the weekend.

As you can see the main problems (apart from the lack of hyper which is
a showstopper) are:

* Minor header tweaks

* PKG_CHECK_EXISTS macro doesn't exist and has to be commented out
everywhere.  This is despite the fact that I have pkg-config from
Macports installed.

* --version-script not supported by the linker

It's actually very close to working, and I think it will be considerably
simpler to port and maintain a Mac OS X port than the wretched Windows port.

The OCaml bindings & tools built first time on Mac OS X, but obviously I
couldn't finish the final link since there wasn't a libvirt.dylib.

Rich.