[Libvir] libvirt on OS X Leopard 10.5.1

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Tue Jan 22 12:33:15 UTC 2008

Schley Andrew Kutz <akutz at lostcreations.com> wrote:
> I was missing pkg-config. But the 'make dist' now fails:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/libvirt/docs/examples/
> python'
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/libvirt/docs/examples/python'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/libvirt/docs/examples'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/libvirt/docs/devhelp'
> Rebuilding devhelp files
> Rebuilding devhelp files
> Rebuilding devhelp files
> Rebuilding devhelp files
> cp: cannot stat `./libvirt.devhelp': No such file or directory

That's probably because configure did not find an xsltproc program,
and without that, the Makefile.am rule in docs/devhelp/Makefile.am
doesn't even try to create libvirt.devhelp, even though it's
required for distribution.

You can work around it by running "touch docs/devhelp/libvirt.devhelp".

I suspect this hasn't come up before because everyone else running
"make dist" already had xsltproc installed.

There are a couple of other minor problems in the vicinity,
so I'll propose a patch.