[Libvir] libvirt on OS X Leopard 10.5.1

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 13:27:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 08:00:34AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:39:35PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > I would point you at the snapshot tar.gz here, but it appears to be not
> > updated since September
> >
> >   http://libvirt.org/downloads.html
>
> ./configure: line 35987: syntax error near unexpected token `libxml-2.0,LIBXML_FOUND=yes'
> ./configure: line 35987: `    PKG_CHECK_EXISTS(libxml-2.0,LIBXML_FOUND=yes)'
>
>  libvirt.org is a RHEL4 box, seems the pkgconfig requirements which were
> introduced break running autogen.sh , so no Makefile, make dist, and no
> snapshot apparently. I will try to investigate but I can't believe we managed
> to break detection for something as common as libxml2 *on xmlsoft.org itself*,
> the irony ...

  Upgrading pkg-config on the box this goes further but then gets stuck
at:

configure: error: conditional "HAVE_SASL" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.

trying to autogen with
  ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --without-depends --without-sasl

I don't understand the problem, it seems
  AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_SASL, [test "$with_sasl" != "no"])
is set outside of any conditional block in configure.in
And if I don't specify --without-sasl it breaks when looking
for the library.

  I really don't see how to fix the dist snapshot build  on RHEL4