[Libvir] VIR_DOMAIN_NOSTATE

Russ Blaine russell.blaine at sun.com
Sat Jan 26 02:39:00 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Russ Blaine wrote:
>> On Solaris-based xen 3.1.2 I am seeing virDomainGetInfo() often
>> returning VIR_DOMAIN_NOSTATE in dominfo.state for domUs that are
>> powered on and running. What exactly does VIR_DOMAIN_NOSTATE mean? Why
>> does it exist? I suspect it is a catch-all in the API for hosts that
>> don't entirely have their act together, that do not always return a
>> valid guest state. Is that the case?
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this on Xen?
>
> It means that we query xcnd and there is no domain/state part of the
> sexpr for the domain.
>
> What does 'xm list --long' say?

[ libvirt 0.4.0; I just subscribed to the list so it might take a bit for
traffic to flow to me. ]

When the problem occurs, the state line in xm list --long is:
      (state ------)

And in the 'xm list' it looks like this:
Name                                  ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
abc2                                  27   512     1     ------      9.9

It's an XP domain, and this happens while it's booting up.

- Russ

Russ Blaine | Solaris Kernel | russell.blaine at sun.com