[Libvir] Re; virDomainBlockStats

Gareth Bult gareth at encryptec.net
Sun Jan 27 20:22:06 UTC 2008

Mmm,

I will have to experiment to see what happens by forcing failures and measuring the damage ..

fyi; I'm pretty much 100% sure aio does not work on "gluster" .. indeed it seems this may be my "main" problem with aio as now I've moved some testing kit onto local partitions, I am getting some better results. That said, I'm getting of the order of within 5% native speed over gluster, which seems to be approaching that of local partitions ..
(using "file:" .. AND all filesystems were created as sparse ..)
[not really an issue as we *need* a cluster fs for migration]

It sounds like I might have to hack the loopback driver and force a regular sync out of it .. however, testing first ..

Also (!) our "accidental" policy of storing critical data (DB's etc) outside of the DomU's on raw network filesystems has probably been rather fortunate ...

:)

Note; my hack to libvirt to work with file: seems to be 100% across my particular platform ...

Thanks,
Gareth.