[libvirt] Xen config files again

Thomas Moyer tmmoyer at cse.psu.edu
Sun Jul 6 12:59:55 UTC 2008

You told me earlier that I can pass the name of the VM (which has a
corresponding .cfg file in /etc/xen) to lookupByName() and then use
getXMLDesc() to get information in XML format about the VM, but it
would appear that at least the first function is only useful for
running VM's not for VM's that are not running.

Example to clarify my goals:
	I use xen-create-image to create the VM.  It puts a config file
called host1.cfg in /etc/xen.
	I would like to have a python script to automatically convert
this .cfg file to something libvirt can use to start the VM.

	Or another option would be some automated method of creating the VM
in a similar fashion as xen-create-image.

thanks,
tom

--
Thomas Moyer