[libvirt] auto shutdown for qemu / kvm

Matthias Pfafferodt matthias.pfafferodt at mapfa.de
Sat Jul 12 20:25:01 UTC 2008

Hello,

there is the possibility to autostart a (qemu/kvm) domain. If libvirtd is
stopped this domain is killed and the filesystem is in a unclean state. I
miss the possible of an 'autostop' option that will shutdown a (qemu/kvm)
domain if libvirtd is stopped.

I changed the init script of my system (opensuse 11.0) to implement
the 'autostop' option. Is there a simpler solution? Do you have tips how to
improve the script?

Matthias