[libvirt] virStorageVolCreateXML vs virStorageVolCloneXML

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 18 10:27:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

There is currently no implementation in the api to clone snapshots or
images. I wonder if we could add an XML node to specify a backed device.
Or add a new function that allows to clone.

Like the create is not supported by all pools, cloning should also be
based on best effort, falling back to cp for non sparse images. (Probably
a good configuration option)

Now the new XML parser is in place I have still the desire to create this
type of configuration:
    <disk type='pool'>
      <source pool='netapp' volume='lun-3' />
      <target dev='xvda'/>
    </disk>

And it might be a useful source tag for cloning too.

Stefan