[libvirt] Java bindings

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 13:00:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 02:55:39PM +0200, Alejandro Berna Juan wrote:
> Hi all, I'm Alejandro Berna from i2CAT (a non-profit foundation in
> Barcelona, Spain, www.i2cat.net). I'm collaborating in a Europena project
> called Federica ( www.fp7-*federica*.eu ). One of the branch of this project
> is to permit virtualization of different hosts in the Federica test-bed. We
> are doing some studies about the different management interfaces of Xen. Our
> objective is to create a software remote client for Xen tool (in java if
> it's possible) that can do (general functionalities):
> - Create virtual machines assigning virtual interfaces.
> - Permit choose the OS assigned to this virtual machine
> - Install new applications to be tested in the virtual machines
> - Configure a vm to become a router and permit to configure this router as
> it was a physical router.
>
> All these actions have to be performed remotelly. I have not found too much
> information about libvrt but I think that can be usefull for our achieves.
> If you agree that with libvrt we can perform these actions, maybe I can
> build the java bindings for libvrt inside the Federica work. I'm waiting for
> your opinions, thank you,

You're in luck - we already have people working on Java bindings for
libvirt & anyone else who has time is more than welcome to contribute
code to improve the Java bindings. There is more information in this
mail:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-June/msg00280.html

We also have full authenticated, encrypted remote access to all our APIs.
Information on this can be found here:

  http://libvirt.org/remote.html
  http://libvirt.org/auth.html