[libvirt] Re: Release of libvirt-java-0.2.0

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 07:50:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:32:41PM +0200, Tóth István wrote:
> I've attached the patch to fix the refactored ConnectAuth jni code.
> ("javap -private -s" is your friend when doing JNI stuff)

  Argh, well I went with the full GDB thing, which helped find some
of the problems but not that one specifically.
  Patch applied, but I'm still seeing an error:

wei:~/libvirt-java/src -> java -version
java version "1.6.0"
OpenJDK  Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)
wei:~/libvirt-java/src -> java -classpath .:/usr/share/java/libvirt-0.2.0.jar test
In 1openAuth
FindClass done
Array copied
calling virConnectOpenAuth
Got NULL
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1964848024
	at org.libvirt.Connect._openAuth(Native Method)
	at org.libvirt.Connect.<init>(Connect.java:62)
	at test.main(test.java:26)
exception caught:org.libvirt.LibvirtException: ø(1Ú
level:null
code:null
domain:VIR_FROM_NONE
hasConn:false
hasDom:false
hasNet:false
message:ø(1Ú
str1:Ш¢
str2:3
uÚ
str3:éGÿÿÿ
int1:2160961
int2:0

virNodeInfo.model:i686

  With the debugging stderr calls still left. it seems virConnectOpenAuth()
does not work, and it seems something happens within the callback from
native to the Java authentication routine.
  Also seems the exception wrappers don't properly zeroe some of the strings
which need some investigation too.
  Would that be a JVM or 64bits specific issue ?  1964848024 is suspiciously
large and 0x751d3398 could well be a valid pointed, but casted to the wrong
place.

> I had to do a "cp README README.in" in the  cvs downloaded code, bacuase
> autogen.sh refused to run otherwise. Maybe it's missing from CVS?

  Oops, yes :-)

wei:~/libvirt-java -> cvs -z9 add README.in
cvs add: scheduling file `README.in' for addition
cvs add: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently
wei:~/libvirt-java -> cvs -z9 commit -m "Missing new file" README.in
RCS file: /data/cvs/libvirt-java/README.in,v
done
Checking in README.in;
/data/cvs/libvirt-java/README.in,v  <--  README.in
initial revision: 1.1
done
wei:~/libvirt-java -> cvs -z9 tag LIBVIRT_JAVA_0_2_0 README.in
T README.in
wei:~/libvirt-java ->

> I am still targeting to add the full storage functionality in early
> August, when I'm back from vacation.

   Heh, enjoy your vacations, and thanks for the quick feedback !

> Thanks for all the refactoring work.

  Well it made me learn more about the code :-)