[libvirt] [FeatureRequest/RFC] non-volitile domain defines

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 08:12:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:16:57AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> I think I have already sent an email about this to the list, but no reply
> on this specific point.
>
> Libvirt is currently capable of storing storage, networks, the only thing
> that is really missing is the direct storage of domains. I wonder if a
> patch would be accepted that stores defined domains (live) to disk upon
> change. Some sort of dumpxml per define/attach/etc. when a domain is
> undefined the file is removed.

  I'm not sure I understand.
I would not want domain configuration files to be stored to a specific
place in the tree. This generates a duplication of data problem and
also possibly a dependancy on the given hypervisor. The acquisition/
modification of domain data should relly go though the API or virsh
dumpxml and define commands.
But maybe i didn't understand...