[libvirt] xml format for openvz driver

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 09:52:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 01:33:25PM +0400, Evgeniy Sokolov wrote:

> >>bridging is supported.
> >>NAT can be configured via iptables.
> >
> >If it supports bridging that is sufficient. The libvirt networking
> >APIs, allow us to implement NAT for any VM in terms of the generic
> >bridge support. Basically libvirt creates a bridge device 'virbr0'
> >and sets up NAT rules for that device. A guest VM simply needs to
> >be connected to virbr0, and then NAT automagically works for it.
>
> Do I correctly undertand? For NAT we shoud use tag "interface" with type
> "bridge" and
> <target dev="virbr0" />

No, you'd have something like

   <target type='network'>
      <source network='default'/>
   </target>

And inside your driver you will call  virNetworkLookupByName(...)
and then virNetworkGetBridge() to find the actual bridge device name.
Take a look at the QEMU driver 's qemudNetworkIfaceConnect() method
and how it deals with VIR_DOMAIN_NET_TYPE_NETWORK vs the alternative
VIR_DOMAIN_NET_TYPE_BRIDGE