[libvirt] Libvir on Hardy: file a bug or not?

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Tue Jul 29 09:39:27 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The Ubuntu libvirt had a early version of the patch for supporting
> the 'boot=on' parameter - I believe they always use it for any VM
> with a domain type of 'kvm'. Since you are using regular QEMU it
> is correct that you need to change the domain type to type=qemu
> anyway.

My problem if I use "qemu" as domain type is the guest is slow enough to
make me think it doesnt use the kvm.

In the beginning, and in Ubuntu documentation, the domain type is "qemu"
as default.

So, the question that might solve the problems:
     How can assume it's realy using kvm (and not just qemu)?

Note: when I launch the guest via the "kvm" command [1], it's faster.

[1] e.g.:
     $ kvm -m 512 -hda foo.img -cdrom bar.iso -boot d