[libvirt] Now ESXi is 'free'

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 09:54:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:49:52AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Now ESXi is 'free as in beer' would it be appropriate to hack a libvirtd
> in it?

I don't see how it being free really makes any significant difference.
Someone still needs to actually write a libvirt driver to interact with
VMWare's control tools and/or APIs and the difficulity (or not) of doing
this hasn't really changed with them making it free. We need a motivated
developer who actually uses VMWare to do the work in libvirt.