[libvirt] PATCH: Support container XML enhancements

John Levon levon at movementarian.org
Tue Jul 29 16:15:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 04:54:09PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> > > This is something I previously submitted as part of one of the LXC
> > > patches, but I figure it makes sense on its own, since OpenVZ needs
> > > this now too.
> >
> > No update to libvirt.rng? Or test cases?
>
> Mmm, yes need the RNG file  at least. We need to have a generic test
> suite for validating the RNG against the XML files in tests/, as well
> as ad-hoc XML files we may add

Right. I have a small virt-convert test suite, but of course that uses
Python. But it's basically just doing

xmllint --noout --relaxng doc/libvirt.rng foo.xml

I'm a little short on time to do the same for libvirt right now alas.

> > I don't think any of the stated options would work for ZFS dataset
> > delegation, though I suppose that could be added later if it happens.
>
> What is ZFS dataset delegation ?

It allows you to place an entire ZFS hierarchy under control of a zone,
e.g. I can say that the ZFS dataset "export/foo" is accessible to the
zone and it can freely create sub-filesystems, snapshot, etc. It could
almost hijack one of the other types if it weren't for the absolute path
thing.

regards
john