[libvirt] what ever happened to the SCSI HBA storage backend?

David Lively dlively at virtualiron.com
Thu Jul 31 15:34:48 UTC 2008

Hi Folks -

  I see Daniel Berrange submitted a SCSI HBA storage backend in March.
What ever happened to that?  I'd be happy to pick this up if there's
more work to do (is there a code base later than the posted patch?)

  In the longer run, I'm looking towards adding support necessary for FC
environments (like multipath).  Also, it seems (to my iSCSI-ignorant
mind) that iSCSI should be just another flavor of the SCSI driver (kind
of like netfs is a flavor of the fs driver ...).  Is anyone working on
such a refactoring?

Thanks,
Dave