[libvirt] remote access libvirtd / bindings for php/asp

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 3 23:36:17 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones schreef:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 05:27:45PM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> My people would like to see bindings to connect to libvirtd by php or
>> asp/.net, is there any progress on that one?
>
> Not a lot of progress ... I looked at PHP bindings, as that is a big
> pain point for people who want to use libvirt in web hosting
> environments.  I don't have a lot of time to write such bindings
> myself, particularly not before the Red Hat Summit.  However we would
> support anyone who wanted to start such a project.  Even binding just
> the common connection and domain calls (perhaps 10-15 in all) would be
> a great start.

I think I can get motivated or get someone that is motivated or even
motivate someone to write these bindings for PHP. I'll discuss the
implications on friday. The problem is probably not the writing of the
binding, but more getting it distributed as a stable extension.

But my personal interest goes out to libvirtd overlord capabilities. By
extending the API with the capability of transparently connecting to an
other machine announced by avahi or added by an xml file.

Or just exending libvirtd with proxy functionality. I would like to hear
the Red Hat ideas on this one.

So going for an 'architecture' like storage that is able to
register/discover neighbor nodes. Or just sticking with an 'external'
program that is able to do this task.

Stefan