[libvirt] Release?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 11:40:50 UTC 2008

I've just had a chat with Daniel about whether it's time for a new
release of libvirt.  My own primary focus is getting the
virDomain*Peek APIs into a released version so I can use them from
Fedora.

libvirt 0.4.2 was released on 8th Apr 2008.

I just scanned the changelog and there's a pretty long list of new
features:

 - Support for serial and parallel devices in Xend

 - Network interface model in QEMU network devs

 - SetVcpus, DomainGetMaxVcpus, VCPU pinning in QEMU

 - Disk "bus"es

 - Support for Xenner

 - Deprecate conn/dom/net fields in virterror

 - HTML documentation completely restructured

 - MinGW fixes

 - Memory leaks plugged

 - Added HACKING file and lots of work on unifying syntax and methods
   used in the code base to a single standard

 - Lots of LXR changes

 - virDomain*Peek APIs

 - and of course many bug fixes

So is it time for a release?