[libvirt] FYI: Major driver re-factoring imminent...

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 08:46:07 UTC 2008

This is a quick FYI to say that I've started working on the plan to provide
a single unified XML parser and generator for all hypervisor drivers, in
addition to the virtual network drivers.  This is going to cause major
churn in the XML routines for xm_internal.c, xml.c, xend_internal.c, test.c,
qemu_conf.c and a major fixup to the entire of the qemu_driver.c, and then
later in the XML routines for the openvz_conf.c and lxc_conf.c drivers.

So if you have any plans to do non-trivial work in the area of XML parsers
please send a message to the list before hand so we can co-ordinate. Minor
additions / bugfixes are fine to send - I can merge them easily.

I currently have the QEMU and test drivers ported and test suite passing,
and now working on the Xen drivers. Once the Xen driver is working I'll
post the patches for review.