[libvirt] Cherokee+Libvirt+Avahi = Cool Libre Application

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 18 20:22:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

As I have told on the mailinglist before I'm working on a webbased
implementation of the libvirt API. Using Avahi as messaging protocol,
some extra tools were written:

- Domumdns (Tool that puts every domain on the network (scanning
interval of 10s connecting to the local hypervisor), refering back to
the hostname of libvirtd)

- Cherokee Avahi Handler, Cherokee Virt Handler (implements HTTP API)

So basically:

http://xen.bot.nu/avahi/

Shows the available vms on my network, every 10 seconds updated by
domudmns. My proposal would be to add this functionality by default to
libvirtd. 1) it is useful 2) it implements something of the todo list:
events.

http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetID
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetName
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetMaxMemory
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetMaxVcpus
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetOSType
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetUUID <-- that's odd
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetUUIDString
http://xen.bot.nu/virt/klant1/gentoo/virDomainGetXMLDesc

Are implemented now, the updates as attach/detach devices will be added
soon, but that is not something I'm going to demo without some basic
authentication ;)

Stefan