[Libvir] Re: RPM build issue

Vadim Zaliva krokodil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:07:26 UTC 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 19:03, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> Hmm, are you sure about that ?  AFAIK, we don't have any (direct)
> dependancy on e2fsprogs-devel. Our primary dependancy for this
> particular
> binary is the parted-devel  RPM.  If merely having parted-devel is not
> sufficient, can you post the  config.log file after a failed build
> attempt without e2fsprogs-devel present.

It is needed for 'uuid' static library, which is checked as part of
'parted' test.

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qil e2fsprogs-devel| grep libuu
/usr/lib/libuuid.a
/usr/lib/libuuid.so

Here is relevant configure.in fragment:

   if test "$PARTED_FOUND" = "no"; then
     # RHEL-5 vintage parted is missing pkg-config files
     save_LIBS="$LIBS"
     save_CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
     PARTED_FOUND=yes
     AC_CHECK_HEADER(parted/parted.h,,[PARTED_FOUND=no])
     AC_CHECK_LIB(uuid, uuid_generate,,[PARTED_FOUND=no])
     AC_CHECK_LIB(parted, ped_device_read,,[PARTED_FOUND=no])
     LIBPARTED_LIBS="-luuid -lparted"
     LIBS="$save_LIBS"
     CFLAGS="$save_CFLAGS"
   fi