[Libvir] PATCH: Allow Xen HVM kernel+initrd booting

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 14:50:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 18:47 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> -
> -            if ((str == NULL) || (strcmp(str, "hvm"))) {
> -                res = virDomainParseXMLOSDescPV(conn, node,
> -                                                &buf, ctxt,
> -                                                xendConfigVersion);
> -            } else {
> +            if ((str != NULL) && STREQ(str, "hvm"))
>                  hvm = 1;
> -                res = virDomainParseXMLOSDescHVM(conn, node, &buf, ctxt,
> -                                                 vcpus, xendConfigVersion);
> -            }
> +            xmlFree(str);
> +            str = NULL;
>
> -            free(str);
> +            if (hvm)
> +                virBufferAdd(&buf, "(image (hvm ", 12);
> +            else
> +                virBufferAdd(&buf, "(image (linux ", 14);

Okay, I was seeing something weird that is at least somewhat related to
this patch.

This is with libvirt-0.4.0-5.fc9.i386 and python-virtinst cset
374:507a70e9ed10

Trying to do a paravirt install with virt-install I was seeing it blow
up with "virDomainCreateLinux() failed XML description for domain is not
well formed or invalid"

Updating to libvirt CVS made it work fine too, since you now don't check
that the os type is "linux"

Dunno, haven't looked into this much and I'm not sure if it's of any
real concern ... just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,
Mark.