[libvir] How to seek a running QEMU instance

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 09:50:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 06:46:45PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This is one part, but it is not sufficient as we can't determine the
> full config associated with an existing VM.

There's a fair bit we can get but as you say not the full picture.
However I'm pretty sure we can get patches into upstream QEMU to get
the rest, as with 'info blockstats' which had a relatively smooth
passage upstream.

  XML			QEMU command

  name			'info name' although this command
  			  seems to do nothing for me

  uuid			? - perhaps from socket name

  memory		not available (parse qemu command line?)

  vcpus			'info cpus'

  os/type		? - from process name or command line?

  os/boot		not available (parse qemu command line?)

  devices/emulator	process name

  devices/disk		'info block'

  devices/interface	'info network' (somewhat indirectly)

  devices/graphics	'info vnc' (I think)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top