[Libvir] [RFC] 4 of 4 Linux Container support - start container

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Mar 21 17:08:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:16:32PM -0700, Dave Leskovec wrote:
> This patch adds the start container support.  A couple new source files are
> added - lxc_container.h and lxc_container.c  These contain the setup code that
> runs within the container namespace prior to exec'ing the user specified init.

IMHO there's too much forking going on here. With the stateful driver we
should have the daemon be the parent of the forked VM as per the QEMU
driver. This will avoid the need to unsafely re-write the config files.
It will also enable errors during the domain creation process to be correctly
propagated back to the caller.

eg, when I tested this patch 'mount' failed, but the libvirt driver still
thought all we fine becasue this part of  domain creation was being done
in the double-fork()d child and thus no errors could be propagated back.

Regards,
Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston   -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|