[Libvir] error : could not connect to xen:///; error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Felix Krohn felix.krohn at ovh.net
Wed Mar 26 13:52:14 UTC 2008

Hi,

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> libvir: error : could not connect to xen:///
>> error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
>
> Really strange.  Is xen configured as a backend
> (ie. ./configure --without-xen or something like that?)

Since I was using the version from etch-backports
(http://packages.qa.debian.org/libv/libvirt.html) I don't think so.

I got it working now with libvirt 0.4.1 and both Xen 3.1.4-rc1 and
3.2.0, all self-compiled.

Perhaps I should rather have filed a bug at backports.org then...

> You can also run with debugging enabled, if you configured that:
>
>   LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 virsh

The Debian package obviuosly doesn't have debugging-support compiled
in, so I don't get more output.
Don't know if this makes a difference, but ARCH is x86_64.

Thanks for your answer!

Kind regards,
Felix Krohn
--
Felix Krohn                        / After silence, that which comes   ]
|-> smtp, xmpp: felix at kro.hn      / nearest to expressing the inexpres-]