[Libvir] lxc patches

Dave Leskovec dlesko at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 27 20:53:08 UTC 2008

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:35:08PM -0700, Dave Leskovec wrote:
>> Sorry - I should have mentioned that the two lxc patches I just posted are built
>> on Dan B's patch.  The order is this:
>>
>> Dan's patch
>
>   commited,
>
>> lxc_start.patch
>
>   reviewed
>
>> lxc_stop.patch
>
>   reviewed
>
>  Now the next major block for me is actually testing it. How do you do
> this ? Any instructions (or did i missed them) ?
>
> Daniel

I've been testing with fairly simple container setup so far.  I've attached a
couple XML files I've used to define a container through virsh like this:
virsh # create tmp_only.xml

tmp_only.xml points to an init script lxc_rcinit.  The script is pretty simple -
it just does an exec /bin/bash.  Once the container is running, you should be
able to connect to it's console in virsh.

ssh_container.xml starts an sshd using port 2100.

In both, you can either remove the filesystem block or at least change the
source dir to something that exists on your system.

--
Best Regards,
Dave Leskovec