[Libvir] uuid of newly created domain

Vadim Zaliva lord at crocodile.org
Mon Mar 31 23:33:34 UTC 2008

On Mar 31, 2008, at 16:28, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The problem is that you are not freeing the virDomainPtr object
> after you undefine the first VM. Libvirt caches virDomainPtr objects
> based on the 'name' value. So the second time around you are getting
> the cached handle. You are also leaking memory.
>
> You need to call
>
>  virDomainFree(virDomainPtr dom)
>
> to actually release the handle.

Thanks for the explanation. I will try this in my code.

However, I think this behavior is counter-intuitive. I was expecting
that undefining
domain should remove it from cache, or creating new domain with same
name should replace
old definition with a new one.

Sincerely,
Vadim

--
"La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter, mais
quand il ne reste rien a enlever."  (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)