[libvirt] Re-write the domain XML reference docs

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu May 8 13:55:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:01:11AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The current domain XML format documentation reference on the website is
> very out of date and not well structured since we organically added random
> bits to it as we wrote drivers. This patch is starting from a clean slate.
> I've removed all existing content and have written a clear & concise
> reference for (all?) XML elements we support in the domain XML format.
> This is following the style I've used for the storage and network XML
> format docs.
>
> Basically I've grouped the difference elements into logically related sets
> and then described each one, giving examples and details of all attributes
> they support. This also covers the new serial/paralle device syntax I
> added recently.
>
> The example configs for Xen, QEMU, etc domains are all in the driver
> specific docs already, and linked at the bottom of this page.
>
> The patch isn't particularly nice to review, so I'd recommend applying it
> and looking at the resulting 'formatdomain.html' page in your web browser

  Yup, just did that, and it looks really nice now. For some reason
the page.xsl part of the patch failed to apply to CVS head though.
i will try to update the Relax-NG file, but it will need to be reengineered
I'm afraid. I previously tried to switch based on the top domain/@type
attribute value, to differentiate the syntax between hypervisors but since
we are keeping things more and more unified now, it's probably not worth it.

  +1