[libvirt] libvirt equivalent config for a kvm command line

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:40:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> My 2nd bet would be the serial port - worth removing that from the config
> because I know there's been QEMU bugs with serial ports before.

Serial could be the issue, I have other vms (normal linux and freebsd)
running in the same box with out any problems. This image has console
in serial. So having serial support is essential. It might be possible
that the machine is running perfectly but the serial console is
frozen.

i had gone through the xml documentation but could not understand the
serial configuration. If some one has an xml fragment for the serial
behavour of my original kvm command line (0 - monitor, 1 - interactive
shell of kvm, 2 - serial0, 3 paralell0) that would be great.

raj