[libvirt] Re: [Fedora-xen] Fedora 10 Release and Virtualization News

fcxen user fcxen at itsbeen.sent.com
Tue Nov 25 20:58:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

Dale, great stuff. This question is a little late for your release, but I know
it will be coming up alot soon, so I hope you can add it to your docs:

Is it possible to run a Fedora 10 pv domU on a Fedora 8 dom0 ?
And if it is, what steps are necessary to be able to install the F10 domU with
virt-install and manage it with xm/virsh/etc that differ from what is required
to do the same for F7/8/9,etc domUs?

With the standard yum package: python-virtinst-0.300.2-4.fc8
one gets:
ValueError: Invalid URL location given:
http://mirror.x.y/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/xen/vmlinuz
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

when trying to install a Fedora 10 domU due to the integration of the Xen
kernel with the normal kernel and virt-install not knowing where to get the
kernel. (AFAIK)

Also, as the December EOL for Fedora 8 gets closer, people will have more
questions about their options for dom0s - maybe people could submit pros and
cons for each option and it could be added to the wiki (maybe as a
table/matrix) - so that there is one place to refer people to when the
questions arise.

Thanks.