[libvirt] Re: [Fedora-xen] input on F10 virtualization release notes

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Wed Oct 8 15:11:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 09:55:49AM -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:
> I've been working on the virtualization release notes[1] for Fedora 10
> these past several days, and I'm looking for input from those in the
> know. The advances coming out of the Emerging Technologies projects and
> Fedora in general are very impressive, and I'd like to do them justice.

Very good summary of changes.

I'm sure there will be a lot questions about (missing) dom0 support, so
maybe add even more information about it.

Xensource plans to have pv_ops dom0 support ready for Xen 3.4, so maybe add
that information. http://www.xen.org/download/roadmap.html

I think (at least earlier) the plan was to submit pv_ops dom0 patches for
inclusion in Linux kernel 2.6.28. I'm not sure if that is still the plan.

pv_ops/dom0 patch queue:
http://xenbits.xen.org/paravirt_ops/patches.hg/

> I've attempted to describe the improvements to virtualization-related
> packages between the F9 release versions and the anticipated F10
> versions. I've created a table[3] of those versions to help with the
> comparison. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know:

The table is really nice and gives nice overview of the changes made.

> * if you believe a version bump is pending
> * if I've left out any packages or features
> * if I included something not noteworthy
> * anything else you have to say
>
> If you have any comments, contributions, or criticisms at all, please
> add them to the wiki article/talk page/or email them to me.

-- Pasi