[libvirt] libvirt-qpid

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 10:36:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 11:10:41AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:55:36AM -0700, Ian Main wrote:
> > - Make it less chatty, but log stuff
>
> Configurable use of syslog() would be a good idea. For sake of consistency
> I'd recommend looking at the libvirtd daemon, and its command line arg
> handling - see  qemud/qemud.c file and the main() method in it.  Pretty
> much all the libvirtd  argv would make sense for libvirt-qpid agent.

Likewise, you'll probably want a configuration file for stuff like
the IP address rather than passing everything on the command line.
A file in /etc/libvirt/libvirt-qpid.conf would be a good location,
preferrably following the same syntax & config arg naming as the
existing libvirtd.conf there. It'd be fairly easy to take our
 'virConf' stuff in src/conf.c and use it in your daemon - just
c++-ify it as desired.