[libvirt] libvirt-qpid

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 15:33:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 08:16:02AM -0700, Ian Main wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:50:08 +0200
> Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Yeah, i believe that should be a requirement. NB, the versions of qpidc
> > > and qpidd in Fedora currently are too old for libvirt-qpid. I've been
> > > speaking with qpid maintainer and they'll push a new build to Fedora in
> > > the very near future.
> >
> >   Ah, that probably explains why that didn't work for me, I got my qpidd
> > from Fedora ...
> >   Another question, upon rebout the QPid service starts automatically,
> > I wonder if there is something to do to be able to connect assuming
> > a "default install" and not starting without auth .
>
> Ah, I know what happened.. I changed the dependencies since my first email.
> qpidd isn't needed for libvirt-qpid to operate.  It's just an agent and can
> talk to a qpidd on a different host.

  okay, I was guessing something like that which is why i was so
cautious in my wording ;-)

> Definitely want to make sure you get all the latest versions from the ovirt
> repo.  Fedora has previous release of qpid.. ones in ovirt repo are all devel
> snapshots.  qpid has codefreeze coming in 3 weeks or so for next release.

[root at wei ~]# rpm -q qpidd
qpidd-0.3.698276-1.fc9.x86_64
[root at wei ~]# rpm -qi qpidd | grep Build
Release     : 1.fc9                         Build Date: Tue 23 Sep 2008
09:13:31 PM CEST
Install Date: Thu 02 Oct 2008 02:33:41 PM CEST      Build Host:
vpro.mains.net
[root at wei ~]#

  I assume I got the updated version on update.

> > > but we'd expect another 'createLinux'
> > > method on the Node object for unmanaged domains - though it might be
> > > worth breaking with consistency in this one case and dropping the 'Linux'
> > > suffix from the name there .
> >
> >   Yeah, the Linux suffix is a remain from the very early days with
> > paravirt. Actually we should fix libvirt itself and just provide the
> > old symbol for compatibility.
>
> Good idea :)  I was wondering why that wasn't the case..

  Okay, I will submit a patch here.