[libvirt] PATCH: Support SDL configuration for QEMU driver

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Oct 2 17:37:38 UTC 2008

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> Now previously since we just use 'execv' the QEMU process would just
> inherit all libvirtd's environment variables. When we now use execve()
> no variables are inherited - we have to explicitly set all the ones
> we need. I'm not sure what we should consider the mimimum required?
>
> I'm merely setting  'LC_ALL=C' to ensure it runs in C locale. Do we
> need to set $PATH for QEMU - maybe ? Anything else which is good
> practice to set ?

If QEMU uses PATH, then propagating that is necessary.
I guess it's debatable whether to use PATH=$PATH or
to use some hard-coded default on the RHS.  But using PATH=$PATH
seems friendlier, in case whatever QEMU uses is in some non-default
location.

If it uses mkstemp or the like, then including TMPDIR would be good.
Depending on QEMU, maybe things like HOME, USER, LOGNAME too.