[libvirt] anyone implementing host device enumeration?

David Lively dlively at virtualiron.com
Fri Oct 3 17:20:35 UTC 2008

Okay, I see what you mean.  I'll create a virNodeDeviceDefPtr and follow
the established pattern.

I'm really trying to avoid creating a struct/union that must be extended
every time we support a new capability.  I struggled quite a bit with
the right representation for capabilities and bus details.. At one
point, I had my own (general-purpose; i.e., not specific to any type of
capability) virNodeDeviceCapabilities type, but it looked so much like a
DOM tree that just using a xmlNode seemed like the best choice.

Are you suggesting creating a struct for each kind of
currently-supported capability, or are you suggesting creating a single
struct that's general enough to represent all capabilities?

Dave