[libvirt] PATCH: 5 of 5: Remove domain devices linked lists

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 15:08:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 01:29:44PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This one isn't strictly needed yet, but while we're removing linked lists
> we might as well kill off all of them. So this removes the linked lists
> for devices associated with a domain.

  In general this makes sense, this makes for smaller structure (no
next link) iterations are done on a compact memory structure, and
this makes sorting way simpler thank to qsort, I guess it's beneficial.

  I remember though that realloc() can be really really slow on some
Windows [1] and as for the domain tables, it would be even nicer if
we could use some kind of generic API for the table iterations.

  Sounds fine, +1

Daniel

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2004-July/msg00093.html