[libvirt] libvirt - Configure fails with error message

Ricardo Tiago rtiago at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:58:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

When i try to run configure it fails asking me to install the gnutls
library, which is already installed.

Output from configure:

checking for struct _xmlURI.query_raw... no
checking gnutls/gnutls.h usability... yes
checking gnutls/gnutls.h presence... yes
checking for gnutls/gnutls.h... yes
checking for gnutls_handshake in -lgnutls... no
configure: error: You must install the GnuTLS library in order to
compile and run libvirt

[user1 at xxx libvirt-0.4.6]# rpm -qa | grep gnutls
gnutls-devel-1.4.1-3.el5_1
gnutls-1.4.1-3.el5_1

After some checking in configure.in I verified that what was really
missing is libgcrypt-devel.

I believe the error message should be updated and provide more details
or at least a check for libgcrypt should be done before the gnutls
check.

Ricardo