[libvirt] Ability to nice KVM processes

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 05:49:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 10:55:26PM +0100, Henri Cook wrote:
> A good news - sorry I wasn't aware of the current stance on arbitrary
> parameters and can say I completely agree with it.
>
> Scheduler Parameters API sounds interesting - i'll see if I can find
> time to look into it - if there's anyone who already knows how it works
> that sees this as a quick patch though, massive points

http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainSetSchedulerParameters

http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virSchedParameter

http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainGetSchedulerParameters

it's not fantastic, it's a free form API, you need to be consistent in
the name and type of parameters returned by Get and allow a subset to be
modified by Set.