[libvirt] anyone implementing host device enumeration?

David Lively dlively at virtualiron.com
Fri Sep 26 14:01:02 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel -
  I have an implementation underway right now, with both HAL- and
Devkit-based "drivers".  We have some folks who need this *next week*,
so I'm trying to get the most functionality finished up today and this
weekend.
  The generic (HAL/Devkit-agnostic) framework is essentially done and
tested (except for a few odds and ends like some missing virsh fns).
The HAL-based driver is ~80% done.  The Devkit-based driver isn't very
capable yet, mostly because of the limited Devkit functionality
available (also, there are some serious naming issues to discuss).
  I haven't yet implemented virNodeDevice{Create,Destroy}, nor am I
registering for HAL/Devkit events.  We don't need this functionality
right away, so I may wait 'til next week to implement them.  The
underlying virNodeDevice infrastructure is ref-counted and accessed via
a conn->lock-protected virHashTable (like connections, domains, etc.),
so concurrent access shouldn't be a problem.
  I'll post a patch (with some TODOs ...) on Sunday or Monday morning.

Dave