[libvirt] remote_protocol.{c,h} ?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 11:41:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 01:00:52PM +0900, Jun Koi wrote:
> Is it really true that qemud/remote_protocol.{c,h} are created by
> rpcgen? If so, why dont we have them created at compile time? I still
> see them in the source code.

The reason is that only Linux glibc rpcgen can generate them
correctly.  rpcgen on other systems usually lacks some feature or
other, commonly 64 bit types.

> I modified remote_protocol.x a bit, and when recompiling,
> remote_protocol.{c,h} are not reflected at all. So it is expected that
> developers must recompile with rpcgen themself??

No, that should rebuild.  Make sure you're using the CVS version
of libvirt though.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 64 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)