[libvirt] network domain name patch

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 16:10:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 03:14:45PM -0400, JJ Reynolds wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a followup to the excellent patch which allows static IP address assignment.  The problem with that patch is that you can only set the host name and cannot set a FQDN because dnsmasq will, as a security measure, not allow it unless --domain is specified.
>
> This patch adds support for adding <domain name="my.domain" /> to the network config file.  With that stanza, one can then use FQDNs on the static host assignments, and this should be the domain reported for any clients that request it.  If <domain name .. ./> is not specified in the config file, then there is no change in behaviour.
>
> As a special case, you can also set the domain name to "#", whereupon dnsmasq interprets that to use the domain of the host OS.

 Dan pointed out a leak since the net->domain structure was not freed,
I applied the patch in time for 0.4.5 with that fix added. We still need
to add documentation for the feature, would you mind making a patch for
formatnetwork.html.in describing the new element ad attribute and adding
maybe an example ?

  thanks !