[libvirt] PATCH: Latest MinGW patches

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 08:04:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 08:35:12AM +0100, atif bajwa wrote:
> I have seen the fixes for MinGW have been included to 0.4.5 release. But I
> am unable to find the windows binaries on the site, which were to be
> generated using MinGW. If anyone of you already have client binaries for
> windows, please share them with me.
>
> SAKAI already shared me link to build virsh windows executable using a
> guide, but I am having some setup issues. It is missing some basic
> instruction such as MinGW setup. Where should I setup MinGW? a fedora or
> windows machine and where to get its distribution? The directory structure
> suggests that I should use fedora.
>
> Why is the MinGW guide is not published on your site as you are actively
> work on it?

The MinGW port is being actively discussed and worked on.  However it
is work in progress and at the moment we are not supplying binaries -
you will have to build it yourself.  This is not trivial - I suggest
you find someone who knows how to compile software to help you.

Here is the project SIG:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/MinGW

This contains a working build chain for libvirt which builds the
libvirt-0.dll and virsh.exe (make sure you read the README file
first):

http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/