[libvirt] libvirt 0.6.2 on Fedora 10

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 15:54:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:25:30AM -0400, Thomas Sjolshagen wrote:
> I've been looking for a binary package for x86_64/fc10 of
> libvirt/libvirt-python, but can only find the F11 versions.
>
> Have none been created and I'll need to build my own, or am I (and
> google/rpmfind/koji/etc) being vision impaired?

  I used to build the libvirt new releases in the testing channels
to provide testing and update abilities for Fedora users. Apparently
that's not a proper use of the -testing and we are supposed to aim
at bug fixes only updates during a Fedora release lifecycle. This
is a bit against my own perception, but I said I would be fine if
update packages were built and made available on special repositories.
The given repositories don't exist yet, I have no place to push, you
may still grab the libvirt-0.6.2-1.src.rpm source RPM that I publish
when making the release, they are at the same place at the source
tarball:
   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
I also build binaries rpms for the flavour of the day I run on
my workstation which is why you will find signed binaries too for
F9 x86_64, I guess in a month or so my subsequent releases build will
be F11 x86_64. But I really hope we will have some kind of
virtualization repo for Fedora by then, see the thread at:
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-virt/2009-April/msg00008.html