[libvirt] libvirt 0.3.3 and unix_sock_group

Daniel Labrosse labrosse at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 14 21:06:52 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I've been using libvirt 0..4.4 for a few weeks now. I have
unix_sock_group = "mygroup" set so that i can perform non-root
management capabilities on the host.

I have recently installed a new host running Scientific Linux 5.3 and
libvirt 0.3.3 comes as default. First off, there is no libvirtd.conf
file included with 0.3.3, so I copied the file from libvirt 0.4.4 (which
is running on my Fedora 8 box).

I am still unable to get non-root management capabilities (i.e virsh
create etc) after a restart of libvirtd.

Is this feature supported in libvirt 0.3.3? Perhaps the file format is
different between versions and hence unix_sock_group isnt being read
correctly?

hope you can help.

thanks