[libvirt] [Docs] More work on the API and architecture

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 08:54:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 03:43:18PM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Another patch, incomplete adding a new page api.html[.in]
> with the goals of describing the main API concepts, architectures,
> naming conventions, etc ... It includes Dan's graphics and a change of
> how the stylesheet process the .html.in content allowing to turn
> <code class='docref'>foo</code> into a link to reference for foo in the
> API page. Ultimately I should be able to load the API description from
> the stylesheet and do that link generation automagically without any
> markup (like all the links in the API reference).
>   Still need to write the drivers and remote sections, and augment some
> of the APIs entry points, but it's a first step and better in than out.

Looks good, but its missing Makefile.am rule to generate the images
from the .fig files. It'd be nicer to use PNG instead of GIF and
get nicely anti-aliased, transparent background images. ImageMagick
can do this fairly easily using a rule like

%.png: %.fig
	convert -rotate 90 $< $@

The 'rotate 90' bit is because for some wierd reason it defaults to
rotating it 90 degrees in a direction you don't want unless you look
at images side-ways on :-)