[libvirt] virGetNodeinfo .cpus

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 14:18:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 03:43:49PM +0300, Zvi Dubitzky wrote:
> virNodeGetInfo()  returns .cpus as 2  but the  /proc/cpuinfo of the node
> shows 2 processors with 2 cores each  ('cpu cores')  . Or maybe the 'core
> id' is what
> counts in the /proc/cpuinfo  and that  one gets vaue 0  , 1 only  i.e
> totally 2
>
> can you clarify  ?

What libvirt driver are you using ?  QEMU or Xen.  The answer can be quite
complicated. In essence, for Xen, the /proc/cpuinfo does *not* reflect your
actual physical CPU topology. So for Xen we get the real data from the
hypervisor directly. For QEMU, libvirt just parses /proc/cpuinfo.

Your cpuinfo output below, shows 1 physical CPU with 2 cores