[libvirt] F10: how to save snapshot back to image?

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Apr 20 16:08:48 UTC 2009

In Fedora 10 I've managed to get libvirt to call the emulator with
custom arguments so I can invoke -snapshot.  I just replaced the
emulator in /usr/bin with my own script which adds the argument and then
calls the original emulator.  This works fine.  And the snapshot works
fine.  I can make lots of changes and when I shutdown and restart then
all the changes are forgotten.  Now after I'm satisfied with some
changes I want to save the snapshot back to the image file.  I've tried
"Ctrl-Alt-s", but this does not work.  I tried finding the QEMU console,
but Serial Console is grayed out in the menu.  I don't know if that
would help anyway since this was a raw image and not qcow2 so I don't
think 'savevm' and 'loadvm' would work with raw.

Can someone tell me how to save these snapshots back to the image file?
Thanks.

Regards,
Gerry