[libvirt] Xen network interface behavior with 0.6.2

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Apr 20 19:58:57 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:06:16PM -0700, Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
>> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

>>> This sounds bad :-)  Can you provide the output of 'xm list --long
>>> hd_domain'
>>> immediately after defining it, and then again immediately after starting
>>> the guest.
>>>
>> Here's the whole create process. Probably more than you needed, but
>> included for clarity ;)
>>

>> # virsh list --all
>>  Id Name                 State
>> ----------------------------------
>>   0 Domain-0             running
>>
>> # virsh define hd_domain
>> Domain hd_domain defined from hd_domain
>>
>> # xm list --long hd_domain
>> Error: Domain 'hd_domain' does not exist.
>> Usage: xm list [options] [Domain, ...]
>>
>> List information about all/some domains.
>>   -l, --long                     Output all VM details in SXP
>>
>>   --label                        Include security labels
>
> I guess you muyst be using an old Xen without inactive domain
> support ? Would this be RHEL-5 Xen by chance ?  If so, can you
> also provide the /etc/xen/$GUESTNAME  config file at this point

Yes, this is with RHEL 5 - I meant to mention that in my original mail.

# cat /etc/xen/hd_domain
name = "hd_domain"
uuid = "f99fd6b6-1434-4bc2-88e0-1ed9c8c6f8e9"
maxmem = 128
memory = 128
vcpus = 1
kernel = "/tmp/default-xen-kernel"
ramdisk = "/tmp/default-xen-initrd"
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "restart"
on_crash = "destroy"
vfb = [ "type=vnc,vncunused=1,vnclisten=127.0.0.1,keymap=en-us" ]
disk = [ "file:/tmp/default-xen-dimage,xvda,w" ]
vif = [ "mac=00:11:22:33:44:aa" ]

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center