[libvirt] [RFC] Power Hypervisor Libvirt support

Eduardo Otubo otubo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 23 21:44:13 UTC 2009

Hello again,

I very am glad with all the feedback I got. The following attachtment is
the result of the work using all the suggestions the list made. I also
have a few comments over this new RFC. Here is a little Changelog:

* Now the URI is recognized as phyp://user@hmc/managed_system. To use
path component of the uri struct, I had to implement a little function
to strip out the first slash of the string, giving me only 'path',
instead of '/path'.

* I implemented the option --with-libssh and --with-phyp right according
to what Daniel Berrange suggested.

* Now all the variable-size string buffers are manipulated with the
internal API virBuffer* to make it safer.

+- This made me think and change the __inner_exec_command function. Now
it returns char * with all the textual return, and I am passing int * as
reference to get the exit status - all the information I need about the
remote executed command.

+- And this also made me write a little auxiliar function to strip out
the '\n' from the textual return.

Known and unsolved issues:

* Authentication - need to improve the authenticantion as Daniel
Berrange said. Still in progress.
* Error codes.
* Logging and debugging messages.

Any comments are welcome,