[libvirt] libvirt Driver support Matrix.

Abhishek K Jha abhishek_jha at in.ibm.com
Fri Apr 24 15:46:18 UTC 2009

Hi Pritesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If I look at the latest hvsupport.html, it still shows virDomainMigrate as
unsupported by QEMU/KVM.

I did some more search and if I look at the log (
http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libvirt.git;a=log;h=2bfdcfda7c55c3ed59c16e82fcba86ed6e42e0b4
 ) , I see an entry for "Fix URI check in QEMU migration" which means that
the support for QEMU is there.

However, Is there a definite way to confirm this support for QEMU/KVM ?

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Jha.
IBM India Software Labs, Pune
91-20-66592139(Direct)
91-20-26982424 Extn: 2139

             Pritesh Kothari
             <Pritesh.Kothari@
             Sun.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  libvir-list at redhat.com
             Pritesh.Kothari at S                                          cc
             un.COM                    Abhishek K Jha/India/IBM at IBMIN
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [libvirt] libvirt Driver
             24/04/2009 18:57          support Matrix.

On Friday 24 April 2009 10:59:11 Abhishek K Jha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed to know if libvirt supports migration via the QEMU/KVM driver. (
> virDomainMigrate)
>
> Could someone point me to the latest driver support matrix for libvirt.
It
> seems the one at http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html was last updated on
> 2008-06-05.

check the repo, it was last updated few days ago, it can be seen here:
http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=docs/hvsupport.html.in;h=f7ec6b327f40a95df350a50ea5c375c73573d403;hb=4163675fcc03e069845f9db222676c8f8985ce23

Regards,
Pritesh